We made it through a full week. It’s been a while since we’ve had all 5 days! We also made it through all our Fun Run parties and had a fantastic time spraying each other with silly string.
Wednesday is the field trip to the courthouse. This is a working courthouse so I ask that you help your student to dress appropriately (business casual is OK, but no holes in jeans, shorts, leggings, hats, etc.) and remember to be respectful while we are visiting this important place of our government. Please sign the permission slip, if you haven’t already and remember that we will not be back in time for hot lunch. We will be able to eat lunch after the field trip!
Progress reports went home today. Please be sure to take a look and talk to your student about how they may improve the grades in the next 3 weeks. Many of the grades are low due to missing assignments and late work. If your student still has missing work there is also a missing assignment sheet in the folder. AR is another reason the reading comprehension grade is low. They do have until the end of the quarter (and 125% by March 18 if they want to make it into the party) to get that grade up. Please encourage them to read and take AR quizzes.
- March 4: Field Trip to the Watsonville Courthouse. (electronic permission slips were already sent)
- March 13: Elementary Speech Meet for those selected from classroom presentations
- March 13: Half Day (Pick up at noon. Crosswalk until 6pm)
- March 13: TLCS Online Auction
- March 15-18: ACSI and WASC committee on campus
- March 20: End of the quarter
- March 30-April 3: Spring Break
- Monday – Spanish and Music
- Tuesday – STEAM
- Wednesday – PE, field trip and chapel
- Thursday –Art
- Friday – PE
- Monday: Math, book club journal, science exit ticket, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Tuesday: Math, book club journal, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Wednesday: Math, book club journal, spelling sort, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Thursday: Math, book club journal, Bible workbooks, spelling word work, unfinished classwork*
- Friday: Math, book club journal, all of the speech meet selection memorized, CTQ’s, Vocab, science study guide, unfinished classwork*
*Unfinished classwork could include math, spelling, writing, history, science, reading, etc. … please check the planner nightly.
Study on Your Own Schedule (pay attention to test schedule):
- Speech Meet Selection
- Bible verse and lesson
- Spelling practice
- AR reading and quizzes
- Thursday: Bible
- Friday: Reading/vocab, spelling and science unit test
Bible Verse this week:
“You said, ‘Listen now, and I will speak;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.’
My ears had heard of you
but now my eyes have seen you.
Spelling List Unit 5 Week 3: