Picture day is Monday. We have a 9:45 time slot, so please have your student come to school ready for pictures! If you are wanting a sibling picture, please contact the office as soon as possible to get on the list. More information about ordering will be sent out in the next few weeks.
We have a large history project coming up as well as a final typed writing assignment due soon. Next week we will get each student signed into a google classroom account and teach them how to submit their documents or slide presentations. They will have time to work on research, typing and creating their presentation in class, however, they may need time at home as well. They will need to be able to access the internet, connect to their school email account and then connect to their google classroom account. If this will be a difficulty in your home, please let me know as soon as possible. If you need instructions on how to help your student get into their google classroom account, please let me know and I will email the directions.
Friday is our annual Family Movie Night. If you haven’t joined us for Movie Night you are missing out. It is a fun night where we all bring beach chairs and watch a movie on the lower blacktop “big screen”. The movie this year is “The Secret Life of Pets 2”. Popcorn and hot chocolate will be provided, but bring your dinner and join us for the fun! The movie starts around 7, or as soon as it is dark enough. See you then!!
Don’t stop selling your Drive 4 Schools tickets. The first week we were in 3rd place, but last week we lost to the other fifth-grade class. If you haven’t sold your tickets, you still have time. If you have, come on in to the office and get some more. Not only is it fun for our class to win a free party, but TLCS gets to keep every penny of the sales! Win-win, if you ask me!! So keep on selling!
Finally, this week is the assessment week for the first unit in Reading. It’s a great week for us to really see what our students are retaining. With that there will be less formal homework (no vocab, or spelling) and therefore is a great week to focus on meeting AR goals. Please have your student bring an AR book to class every day and be using some of their 50 minutes of homework time to take some AR quizzes and read some more!
- September 30: Fifth Grade picture day (in the morning, so come looking your best)
- October 4: Movie Night (at sundown – hot chocolate and popcorn will be provided)
- October 18: Drive For Schools Ends
- October 18: Half Day for Teacher Training
- October 25: End of the first quarter
- Monday – Music, and Spanish
- Tuesday – STEAM
- Wednesday – PE, and Chapel
- Thursday – Art
- Friday – PE
- Monday: Late work (see missing assignment sheet in the Friday folder), fix-it tickets, Book club journal, unfinished classwork*
- Tuesday: Math, Book club journal, unfinished classwork*
- Wednesday: Math, Book club journal, copy Bible verse in the workbook, unfinished classwork*
- Thursday: Math, Book club journal, Bible workbook, typed semi-final of narrative paper, unfinished classwork*
- Friday: Math, Book club journal, unfinished classwork*
*Unfinished classwork could include math, writing, history, science, reading, etc. … please check the planners nightly.
Study on Your Own Schedule (pay attention to test schedule):
- Bible Verse and Lesson 7
- AR goal
- Tuesday: Reading Unit 1 Test part 1, Fluency reading
- Wednesday: Reading Unit 1 Test part 2, Fluency reading
- Thursday: Spelling and Vocab Unit 1 Test, Bible Quiz, Fluency reading
- Friday: Science Exit Ticket, Fluency reading, Explorer’s slide show presentations
What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Spelling List: Unit 1 Final Assessment
All 100 words from the unit. Review and study them to be sure you know how they should be spelled. You may use your planner for the past 5 weeks or go to the last 5 weeks of blog posts (August 26-September 26) to find the words. Only regular spelling words will be tested. None of the bonus will be tested.