This is the week many have been waiting for. Wax Museum for Bible class!! The students have worked hard on a costume and a short speech telling about their old testament character. I highly recommend you come a little early on Wednesday, May 8th (2:25-2:50) to see God’s Old Testament people come to life!
The state project has been started. Your student should have come home telling about their state. They have a rubric telling all the information that is required for their project. The whole project is due in class May 20th. By now they should be nearly done researching the information and ready to start building the state. Any medium is great (except Jell-O, trust me!!). Please be aware that if your student does use food products we will not be eating it. It will be on display for a week!!
I will be in Mexico this week with the seventh graders. We will be pouring concrete, creating a play area for the preschoolers and playing with the school-age kids who live in the orphanage, Door of Faith. Please pray for us as we minister in this way. Our kids will be in good hands with Mrs. Schertz, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Chartier, and Miss Welty! However, if you need anything please email Mrs. Schertz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the office. They will be happy to help you! I will read my emails and respond after I return on May 11th.
- May 10: Half day. Kids dismissed at noon. Crosswalk until 6.
- May 17: TLCS Carnival: sign up to help VOLUNTEER HERE
or ORDER WRISTBANDS HERE
- May 20-24: Scholastic Book Fair
- May 24: Half day. Kids dismissed at noon. Crosswalk until 6.
- May 27: No School for Memorial Day
- June 5: Last Day of School Picnic on the grass.
Important Fifth Grade Happenings:
- May 8: Biblical Wax Museum in the chapel room 2:25-2:55
- May 23: Tour the USA in the chapel room
- June 4: Fifth Grade Talent Show, Promotion and Ice Cream Social
- Monday 6: Math, book club journal, history packet for SE region, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Tuesday 7: Math, Book club journal, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Wednesday 8: Math, book club journal, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Thursday 9: Math, book club journal, missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
- Friday 10: Math, book club journal, spelling menu (MW region), missing assignments, unfinished classwork*
*Unfinished classwork could include math, spelling, writing, history, science, reading, Bible, etc. … please check the planners nightly.
Study on Your Own Schedule (pay attention to test schedule):
- Bible verse
- States and Capitals spelling and location
- AR reading and quizzes
- State project
- Thursday 9: Reading Test
- Friday 10: The Middle States and Capitals Test, Science Exit Ticket
Bible Verse this week: Wax Museum is Wednesday, May 8th at 2:25 in the chapel room. Please join us and learn about the people of the Old Testament.
Spelling List: The Middle States Region
Bismarck, North Dakota
Pierre, South Dakota
Jefferson City, Missouri
Des Moines, Iowa
St. Paul, Minnesota