What a great wax museum! I was so proud of all of you and everyone was very impressed as well. Thank you for all your hard work and faithfulness to present the word of God clearly!
There are only 7 days of school left in fifth grade! We have almost made it! This next week is a fun week where we get to learn from the students about the states they have been studying for the past 6 weeks. We will start presentations on Tuesday, so please be sure your student brings their whole project on Tuesday morning.
We also will be summing up our science and health lessons with a hike on Wednesday. Please be sure your students bring water, a snack and wear great walking/hiking shoes on Wednesday. I look forward to learning from our nature guide and being out in this beautiful land with the students!
Finally, the talent show is coming up. Thank you for all those who sent their video, music or plans for on the stage. It is going to be a great show! This week I need the gallery items to be brought in to school. Please help your student to get the pictures, displays, or other items completed and brought to me by Thursday, May 31.
- May 29: Talent Show Practice (bring everything you need to practice )
- May 30: Hike in Nisene Marks State Park (bring water and a snack)
- June 1: US States Tour (2-3 pm, in the chapel room, all are welcome)
- June 4: Honor Roll Party (permission slips will be out middle/end of next week)
- June 5: Fifth-Grade Talent Show and Promotion (1:15-3, Monske Hall, all are welcome – invitations came home Friday)
- June 6: Last day of school, and picnic on the grass at 11
- Tuesday– PE and Talent Show Practice
- Wednesday – Hike at Nisene Marks
- Thursday – PE and Art
- Friday – Tech and Spanish
Tuesday: State reports, Final Writing assignment (The Giver 4 R’s), unfinished classwork*
Wednesday: AR goal met, unfinished classwork*
Thursday: Last day for missing assignment, bible workbook, unfinished classwork*
Friday: Retakes of spelling/states tests (if needed)
*Unfinished classwork could include writing, history, reading, etc. … please check the planners nightly.
Study on Your Own Schedule (pay attention to test schedule):
- State Project (Due May 29)
- AR reading (Due May 30 at 3 PM)
- Missing Assignments list (May 31 is the last day to get work turned in)
Tuesday 29: All states and Capitals test, State project presentations start
Spelling List: The United States of America (all 50 states and their capitals)