Thank you to all who came out to Open House Thursday night. It was a fun night to celebrate all your students has done so far and preview what they will be doing next year!
Permission slips were emailed this week. Please be sure to sign your student up as soon as possible. We are still in need of drivers, so please let us know if you can drive! It is a short field trip, but a fun one!
Open registration begins March first. This means there are only a few days left to guarantee your student’s spot for sixth grade.
Some of the students were surprised when I mentioned that it is 5 weeks until the end of the quarter. Keep checking gradelink and working on those AR reading goals. We are running quickly toward the end of the school year!
Next week is our “grey books” or assessment week in class. This means that there will be more time in class to get missing assignments worked on. But it also means our students need to be sleeping well and getting good protein! Thank you for the help!
- February: Priority Registration for 2018-19 school year
- March 7: Field Trip to Watsonville Courthouse (electronic permission slips were sent)
- March 16: Half day and Live auction
- March 29 End of the third quarter
- March 30-April 6: No School for Spring Break
- Monday – Music
- Tuesday– PE
- Thursday – PE and Art
- Friday – Tech
Homework Each Night:
- Monday: Math study guide, book club, unfinished classwork*
- Tuesday: Math, book club, unfinished classwork*
- Wednesday: Math, book club, Bible workbook, typed final draft of fictional narrative, unfinished classwork*
- Thursday: Math, book club, ACSI 3/4 of the selection memorized, unfinished classwork*
- Friday: Math, book club, Unfinished classwork*
*Unfinished classwork could include spelling worksheets, grammar, writing, history, science, reading, etc. … please check the planners nightly.
Study on Your Own Schedule (pay attention to test schedule):
- Bible Verse
- ACSI Speech meet selection
- AR reading (Due March 29)
- Monday 26: Reading Comprehension assessment #1
- Tuesday 27: Reading Comprehension assessment #2
- Tuesday 27: Math Unit Test
- Wednesday 28: Spelling and Vocabulary assessment
- Thursday 22: Bible Test
- Friday 23: Science Unit Test
- Friday 23: Speech Meet check (3/4 memorized)
ACSI Speech Meet Study Plan:
Week 5: March 2 Has three fourths of the piece memorized.
Week 6: March 9 Has all of it memorized. Working on polishing.
Bible Verse this week:
Then I said: “Lord, the God of heaven, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments.