What a fantastic week we have had! I look forward to another full week being your child’s teacher. I also look forward to getting to know you better at Back To School Night on Thursday from 6:30-8pm.
Things are heating up in our class, so be sure you take note of all the Key Events this week.
Monday : Art
Tuesday : Tech Lab and Spanish
Wednesday : Chapters 1-4 due in Sign of the Beaver and PE
Thursday : Bible Verse quiz, Prepositions A-B quiz, and Music.
Friday : Spelling Test, Reading quiz, Science quiz, and PE
The Bible Verse this week is 1 Peter 4:10. “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”
- jut 8. cot 15. stump
- nick 9. fling 16. tough
- tenth 10. notch 17. laugh
- shrug 11. gush 18. guess
- stuff 12. scan 19. lead
- sense 13. batch 20. dove
- damp 14. rough
Bonus: chlorophyll, fungus, technology, archaeology and agriculture
Many students and parents have been wondering when our pull outs are scheduled this year. I understand the need to know when to wear certain shoes or outfits! Here is the schedule:
Monday : Art
Tuesday : Technology and Spanish
Wednesday : PE
Thursday : Music
Friday : PE
I hope you are all having a fabulous beginning of the school year! I know I have enjoyed every minute so far!
Monday – K-5th Welcome Assembly: Join us at 8:30 Monday morning as we kick of the school year with some worship and a welcome from our wonderful principal Mrs. Imel.
- Monday – First Day of School!: We’ve got lots of fun in store. Can’t wait to see you there!
- Tuesday – Math About Me: What math can you find in your life?
- Tuesday – STAR Reading Test: We will use our tech lab time this week to take the STAR Reading Test and get ready to tackle some AR reading goals this year.
- Wednesday – Book Club Kick off!: We’ll take a look at our first book club assignment.
- Friday – Chromebooks: Students will be receiving their Chromebooks and completing their first Google Classroom assignment. Be sure you’ve turned in your Technology Acceptable Use Policy so you can be part of fun!
Homework Due Dates:
- Monday – 5th Grade Supplies (Please see list included in back to school letter)
- Wednesday – Technology Acceptable Use Policy Agreement Page
- Thursday – Math About Me Project & Summer Writing Project
- Friday – Signed Parent Student Handbook page, & Math 1-1
**Please note that all unfinished classwork is to be completed as homework and turned in the following day.**
August 24th marks the first day of the 2015-16 school year and I am so excited! Come by the classroom and visit from 1-3 on Friday August 21. See you there!